The Pre-school children have been enjoying practicing getting dressed into their new school uniforms. One of the great things to help with school readiness, for children being able to get dressed and undressed with little or no support from an adult.
There are some great guides and factsheets about school readiness through Pacey
(Professional association for childcare and early years):
Some top tips from Pacey are:
- Get your child ready for their new routine by switching their meal times to match those of the school day
- Encourage your child to explore new environments and interact with people
- Talk to your child about what they are most looking forward to at school
- Let your child practice putting their school uniform on and taking it off
- And remember, every child is different and starts school with different abilities
👔👖Dressing and undressing school readiness 👖👔
Other news stories
Even though these uncertain times, Play Out childcare have been open and offering our services to families in our safe and secure nurseries.
Oh the joys of mud!
We loved this messy play with mud painting, mud milkshakes, muddy pool, swamp play and writing in mud.