As a nursery cook you will be expected to play an integral role within the nursery team. This is a dynamic role, with the key responsibilities of managing a busy kitchen, cooking, maintain records and menu planning for the nursery. The ideal candidate requires the ability to manage own workload and mange time effectively, along with preparing exciting and nutritious food for the children.
The nursery cook main duties will include:
· Preparing a suitably balanced, seasonal rotating menu taking into account dietary and cultural requirements of the children
· The preparation and cooking of all foods in accordance with the daily menus and for special functions
· Manage the cleanliness of the kitchen area to the highest standards in line with Environmental Health requirements and Health and Safety legislation.
· Maintain relevant records and risk assessments within the ‘Safer Food Better, Business’ file
· Ordering and maintaining stock within budget
· Carry out routine cleaning to maintain hygiene and safety within the kitchen,
· Support the nursery staff in involving the children in food preparation activities
In Return you will receive:
· Excellent Training and Development opportunities
· Comprehensive discount scheme
· Cycle2Work Scheme
· Competitive salary package
· Generous staff discount for childcare
· Closed during Christmas and bank holidays
Closing date: Tuesday 4th January 2022
Interview Date: W/C Monday 13th December 2022
30 hpw, AYR Monday – Friday.
Play Out Childcare is owned by Ormiston Families, a children’s charity based in the East of England. The annual profit from the settings go directly to the Charity to help fund the incredible work they carry out.
Ormiston Families Enterprises Ltd is committed to safeguarding and therefore all candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check. We are an equal opportunities employer; we value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Part-time hours: 30 per weekBack to vacancies